1.26.2009

Nigerian Shape-Shifting Goats


Being such a neuro-enthusiast, I often catch myself at parties extolling its virtues, explaining how its discoveries will dispel many of the common mass delusions of our time (religion, global warming, ghosts, etc). Whenever I have that discussion with my father, he gives me a friendly but condescending look and says he hopes I'm right.

I understand his doubt when I see articles like this on a Monday morning (thanks Gordon).

Police in Nigeria are holding a goat on suspicion of attempted armed robbery.

Vigilantes took the black and white beast to the police saying it was an armed robber who had used black magic to transform himself into a goat to escape arrest after trying to steal a Mazda 323.

"The group of vigilante men came to report that while they were on patrol they saw some hoodlums attempting to rob a car. They pursued them. However one of them escaped while the other turned into a goat," Kwara state police spokesman Tunde Mohammed told Reuters by telephone.

Is the world one big satire show now? A shape-shifting friggin goat?! Okay, I give up...you win, Dad...

1 comment:

drbobbe said...

Gabe, The goat did it!